1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanned document when printed out........

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by swim, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. swim

swim Thread Starter

I scan a document( on a hp 1315 all in 1) that is 8.5 X 11.00 but when I print it it is 8 X 10.25
    how do you get it the original size? I tried resizing it in photo shop but cant get it. I have vuescan but still wont print out 8.5 X 11.00 ???????????????/

2. Sponsor

3. Knotbored

Knotbored

FILE/ Page Setup/ Margins
    This controls the border around the print. I find that I cannot seem to print perfect full size borderless photo copies on my printer so I quit trying. But the default on my HP printer is 1/4 inch left and rand 1/2 inch top and bottom margin.

4. slipe

slipe

If your printer doesn’t print borderless and stuff on the document goes all the way to the edge then you aren’t going to be able to exactly duplicate it.

If your printer prints borderless it has to be activated in Properties with most printers. It should just be a straight scan and print if you have borderless printing activated.

If you don’t have borderless printing but the text on the document doesn’t go all the way to the edge, then adjust the box around the scan tight to the text. It should print normally with no further ado.

5. swim

swim Thread Starter

Yes thats my problem . The printer dosnt print borderless for 8.5 X 11 .WTF ! Is the software harder to write for borderless? so they have a border because its the easy way out? So the fix is a new non HP printer:D .I worked for them fo 18yrs but their computer hard\software sucks(n) its all china stuff with HP name

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Can you just crop 1/4" (or so) off the 4 image sides - then print it full size ???
    Irfanview is good at doing this.

7. swim

swim Thread Starter

Nope just for kicks I tried infra view but theres no way around the printer drivers that are for border prints.I would love to know the reason why co. dont make printers so you cant do both borderless or border.

8. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Probably - To print the edge, some ink would have to spray past the edges and start smearing on the back of the page and/or mess up the printer.

A printer to accomplish this edge printing on a 8.5 x 11 would cost a lot more that a 1315 AiO.

You said this was a document - all the documents I've see have a non-printed border so they can be copied full size to another 8.5 x 11 ... so cropping a little would let you print it full size and Irfanview can do this.

An 8.5 x 11 photo is a different story ... but they're usually 8 x 10 in size.

Sounds like you have a very unique application.

9. swim

swim Thread Starter

The complete doc prints but its smaller and has a white border. Now the scanned doc is borderless but when you print it , it gets the border. So If I resize a little bigger or crop it as soon as it prints you get a border. What you said makes alot of sense on why the border and yeah the printer was like 95 bucks. So I need a printer that does borderless 8.5 X 11 printing if I want the exact size as original.

10. 911

Probably you need a proper printer for the task, but I don't understand 'the scanned doc is borderless' if the document is not some sort of photo. If it is printed or typed, do the words completely fill the scan (to the sides, top and bottom) without any white area ? Is the cocument in color that shows borders when you print it ?

11. swim

swim Thread Starter

Yes correct the original doc. ( a certificate) fills the paper completely top bottom sides (with leafy design) . The scan is exactly like the original. The print of the scan gives a complete, but smaller image of the cert. with a white border 1\4" top sides bottom. So Im thinking of getting a Lexmark X3350 its suppose to do borderless printing on 8.5 X 11

12. slipe

slipe

Did you start this thread thinking someone is going to tell you how to make your printer become a borderless printer when it isn’t?

13. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

FWIW ... Some of the reviews I've read aren't too good for the Lexmark X3350.
    Can't find it's borderless.
    Just wondering if someplace like Staples or Office Max can print 8.5 x 11 borderless.
    Might be cheaper for the (Rare ?) borderless print applications than buying another printer.

14. swim

swim Thread Starter

yes unfortunatly Im not in US and have little choice as far as computer equip goes. I did find a spec page that said its borderless but ?

15. swim

swim Thread Starter

16. 911

Unless you want to do a lot of them, I think buying a printer is a little much. There must be some sort of photocopying service within a reasonable distance. (Of course I am saying that without the slightest idea of where you are...)

17. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!