1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanner and WebCam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WebKitten, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WebKitten

WebKitten Thread Starter

I've had a scanner on my computer for a few months and just added a webcam. Now the scanner doesn't work right. I can hear it scan, but nothing shows up on my screen like it used to.

Is there something I can do to make them both work, or can I only use one at a time? There are 2 ports, so I thought it was okay.

Thanks.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Go into the settings for the scanner and be sure you are scanning the output to the scanner software and perhaps not to the camera.......and yes, you should be able to use them both at the same time, I have 2 scanners and a web cam ;)

3. WebKitten

WebKitten Thread Starter

Thanks AcaCandy for helping me figure out how to fix my problem.

I went to the scanner program to check the settings and got the setup wizard instead. I proceeded to go through the setup again and got the popup asking me if I wanted to allow the scanner program to access the internet.

I had taken an upgrade last night to Zone Alarm Pro, and now I have to allow everything to access the internet again. I guess if something doesn't work again, I know it must be my firewall.

Have a good night.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

The scanner program itself shouldn't need access to the internet....perhaps there is an auto update or call home feature in it....if so, I'd figure out how to turn that puppy off, kitten ;)

5. WebKitten

WebKitten Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out and see if I can find anything.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice