Scanner assistance

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hadrian

Hello again everyone!! I'm on a roll today!! I have a HP Scanjet 5300C scanner. Whenever I attempt to scanner the scanner, I get a message saying my scanner cannot be found. If I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in...this solves the problem. What's the problem here and how can I fix it? Any help is appreciated!! God bless!!:rolleyes:

Hadrian

Sorry for the error in the posting! It should read...."whenever I attempt to use the scanner.....I get an error message"

Had a similar issue with a Visioneer 6100 scanner. Bought a new USB cable for it & wahlah all fixed. Maybe that'll help you.

Make sure you don't have to have a special cable as I did. Check the HP site to see if that's the case.

Hey found this on thier website. What OS are you running?

what usb ports are you connecting your scanner to? Are you using a usb hub? Are you using a usb pci adaptor card? or are you using the usb ports on the motherboard?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online