1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanner assistance

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hadrian, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hadrian

Hadrian Thread Starter

Hello again everyone!! I'm on a roll today!! I have a HP Scanjet 5300C scanner. Whenever I attempt to scanner the scanner, I get a message saying my scanner cannot be found. If I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in...this solves the problem. What's the problem here and how can I fix it? Any help is appreciated!! God bless!!:rolleyes:

2. Hadrian

Hadrian Thread Starter

Sorry for the error in the posting! It should read...."whenever I attempt to use the scanner.....I get an error message"

3. suesman

suesman

Had a similar issue with a Visioneer 6100 scanner. Bought a new USB cable for it & wahlah all fixed. Maybe that'll help you.

Make sure you don't have to have a special cable as I did. Check the HP site to see if that's the case.

Hey found this on thier website. What OS are you running?

4. Ash_11

Ash_11

what usb ports are you connecting your scanner to? Are you using a usb hub? Are you using a usb pci adaptor card? or are you using the usb ports on the motherboard?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice