1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scanner doesn't work with win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by americamba, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. americamba

americamba Thread Starter

I had to buy laptop because my desktop with winxp died. Now how do I get the scanner to work with win7? I am not too good with complicated fixes. Has anyone had luck? I need to scan medical records.
    The scanner is a Canon Lide 55. thanks, Frank

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1win7, scanner
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1844 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 730 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 260242 MB, Free - 222580 MB; D: Total - 29690 MB, Free - 28507 MB;
    Motherboard: LENOVO, MoutCook, Not Applicable, WB01561071
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. parttimetechie

parttimetechie Banned

It does not look like the scanner has a windows seven driver, and you have complicated the issue even further due to 64bit OS. Time to buy a new scanner it looks like.

3. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

The support site has a driver and software for Windows XP and Windows Vista, but not for Windows XP 64-bit or Windows Vista 64-bit. There's no driver or software at all for Windows 7 or Windows 7 64-bit.

It's time for a new printer or scanner or all-in-one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

5. peterh40

peterh40

6. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

I have a older yet Lide 25 working with my Windows 7 64 bit machine and if I remember right I used the twain drivers that came with Windows 7 64 bit.

7. americamba

americamba Thread Starter

Thanks guys,

Peterh40, I tried VueScan. It looks promising but I couldn't get it going. So meanwhile DaveA where and how do get the twain drivers that come with win7 64 bit?

thanks, Frank

8. andrewlekenko

andrewlekenko

if you have Windows 7 Prof or Ultimate or Enterprise you can try free (really free, we want to get more experience with different scanners and all this is more fun for us now, we do not collect anything from end users this is why it is free): http://www.scanworkssoftware.com/webscan.aspx
    this is software that allows to scan directly from browser. So you can install SharedScanner into XP Mode and do scan from any PC or Mac in your network (or simply from your Windows 7). Will be glad to receive any questions/complaints

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1001796