1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scanner failure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by poncho64, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. poncho64

poncho64 Thread Starter

My hp officejet 7100 has a message that reads "scanner failure turn power off and start again" I have done this several times and the message keeps appearing. I can print to the printer from the computer but I am unable to use the copy function.

2. Bigfella

Bigfella

You could try reinstalling the driver and if that doesn't work look for the firm ware patch or upgrade on the manufacturers site. If this fails you need another scanner or you need to read the technical support on the manufacturers page.

Hope this helps.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't know what a driver installed on the computer would have to do with the standalone copy feature. I'd say the explanation is pretty simple. It failed. Such devices are rarely worth fixing with new models priced so low.

4. Bigfella

Bigfella

I was not aware that the feature you wanted to use was a stand alone copy feature. However I probably could have downloaded all the technical documentation to research it but on a 64 k connection (caped) I realy couldn't be arsed.
    If the option is stand alone then you should try updating the firm ware as I suggested to an older version.

Some people can not afford to buy new computer components or simply don't want to.

I feel realy sorry for the user that replied if he is one of those people who spends all their time and money on the computer and has no social life. Do you enjoy life as much as I do.

5. poncho64

poncho64 Thread Starter

Thanks bigfella,
    I uninstalled the hp 7100 and re-installed the software, so far, all is well.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649982

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice