1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanner Issue - fi-4340C Image Scanner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IHaveLostIT, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IHaveLostIT

IHaveLostIT Thread Starter

Hi there

Just looking for some advice on an issue I am having at work.

A user cannot scan with the above scanner. They are getting the following error.

Scanner Status - 0 Error Number =1116 Twain Data Source Not Found Please Reinstall Scanner Software.

The Scanner is detected in Device Manager (No errors next to it)

I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled but the user gets the same issue.

I have added them as a local admin and once the software is installed I have logged on as the user. It detects that new hardware has been found and continues with the install but then they get the same issue.

Another user can log on to the machine and it works fine!

I have reseated the scanner to force it to pick up the connection but SAME ISSUE!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

User is on Windows 2000

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/886555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice