scanner issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

anaconda2277

hello everyone.i just bought a visioneer 3300 scanner and installed the drivers for it.my problem is that when i scan a picture,the picture scans but so does everything thats under the scanner glass.when i say everything i mean everything!!there is a ribbon that resembles an ide cable under the glass that appears in all my scans.even the little serial numbers on that ribbon appear too....please help me:confused:

Just a crazy though, is there a protective covering over the scanner glass you didn't remove. Like a film coating that can be peeled off

anaconda2277

thanks for replying brianf.no the only thing thats there is a carton over the door wich is on the top of the scanner.as far as on the scanner glass there is nothing.the ribbon thats under the glass is what gets scanned in each time i scan a picture or document.

A carton over the door. There should be a white background on the top of the door that acts as a background and a method of securing the document to the glass.

My HP does that. I think it is a reflection off the glass and the auto contrast enhances it. I only notice it on the preview – after I crop the scan it doesn’t show on the final scan.

Is this stuff showing on photos and stuff you are scanning or just outside the thing you are scanning? You should always crop your scan so that the final scan is just what you want to scan, so if it is not actually interfering with what you are scanning the crop should eliminate it.

Most scanners recommend a piece of white card stock over what you are scanning to prevent bleed through on thin documents.

anaconda2277

thanks for replying slipe and brianf.i put auto crop on before the scan ,but the same old thing happens.i think its either damaged or i am just very stupid:confused: i really dont know anything about scanners but i am sure the scans should not look the way they look.i am running windows xp .the software says its intended for use with windows 9x-2000.i went to the visioneer site and it said that the software that came with my scanner should work just fine.i dont know what else to do....:confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online