1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanner not found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rainman162, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rainman162

rainman162 Thread Starter

Some time ago I bought a new computer running Windows XP. I have a Tevion flatbed scanner which worked well on my previous computer. When I tried to connect it to the new computer I forgot to re-read the instructions which clearly state that the software should be loaded before connecting the scanner via USB. I plugged the scanner in before loading the software which, obviously didn't work. I uninstalled the software and started from scratch but keep getting messages along the lines of "Scanner not found, check connections and make sure it is switched on" (Or something like that) If the scanner is connected to the computer and switched on then I cannot open My Computer, I just see the swinging flashlight. I then have to disconnect the scanner and restart the computer before I can gain access to My Computer.
    Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Rainman

2. OTRamble

OTRamble

hi!

Ok, I don't have a solution exactly, but have you checked when you connect your scanner and go to my pictures, there should come up an icon in the left toolbar saying something along the lines "get images from scanner or digital camera" when your scanner is connected . If you've got that icon you should be able to use your scanner anyway.

(On my laptop I can just connect a scanner without installing it...)

//ollie

3. rainman162

rainman162 Thread Starter

Thanks but I've tried using links to the scanner from programmes such as Adobe photoshop etc. It seems that because the My Computer function doesn't work when the scanner is plugged in the system can't find the scanner.

4. OTRamble

OTRamble

I'm sorry to hear that.
    Good luck with it! ^_^

5. buck52

buck52 Banned

sure sounds like a software or hardware issue .... nothing to do with digital photography.... I have requested it be moved......

As a question of curiosity ... what made you pick the digital photography forum to post this question in?....

by the way... welcome

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Are you sure the scanner is compatible with XP? I have an older scanner that won't work on XP, but does fine on 98.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650156

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice