1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanner Offline

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by RenaJack, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RenaJack

RenaJack Thread Starter

When I try to scan something my computer states that my Scanner is offline. What does this mean? How can I get it back online? Any help truly appreciated.

2. brianF

brianF

I don't beleive so, you just changed the time interval it checks for updates.

I became tired of it and turned it off. tired of the pop up box. I go once a week and check for updates. works for me.

3. RenaJack

RenaJack Thread Starter

I'm not sure exactly what you said. How would I check for updates?

4. hottesttotty

hottesttotty

RenaJack....I'm pretty sure BrianF was replying to a different post....sorry if it confused you!!

Anyway, there are probably several possibilities for your problem, but just as a first step, (pardon me if this sounds elementary!) how is your scanner connected to your computer? Is it USB, or does it run through your printer, or what? Have you checked to be sure all cables are connected properly, power supply, etc....? Is this a new scanner, or just a new problem?

A little more info might help us help you better!

Thanks,

TT:)

5. RenaJack

RenaJack Thread Starter

Hi hottesttotty,

It's an old Scanner but a new problem. I used it a few days ago with no problems. It is Parallel port that is then connected to a printer.

Both the Scanner and the Printer are Canon products.

What would suddenly cause it to go offline like that, and exactly what does offline mean?

thanks for your help.

6. RenaJack

RenaJack Thread Starter

Thanks to hottesttotty,

By checking all off the connections as suggested, I found the power supply had been disconnected. Dog Gone Cats anyway.

Thank you.

7. hottesttotty

hottesttotty

I can relate....have had the same problem myself! No cats, but LOTS of KIDS!! LOL ;-)

Glad you got it now!

TT:)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!