1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanner plug n play n plug n play n plug n....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IGI, Oct 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IGI

IGI Thread Starter

My computer keeps giving me an error message that the scanner is not plugged in when I try to scan something (USB). So I unplug it and plug it right back into the same port and it works like normal. Then I'll go to do another scan not one minute later and it give me the same error message. Un-plug and re-plug and it's fine again. Then the error message... you get the idea. I have another USB port and that does the same thing.

Any ideas? Thanks!

433MHz Intel Celeron, Win98SE, 15GB HD

2. slipe

slipe

If you are powering everything up at once try powering the scanner first and let it give you a ready indication before booting the computer. You might also try refreshing the USB in device manager if the scanner was not ready when you booted.

3. LarryCore

LarryCore

4. IGI

IGI Thread Starter

Mustek 1200 UB scanner. There's no power switch on this scanner. It gets the power from the USB, so there's no way to power it up at a different time.

5. slipe

slipe

Uninstall and reinstall the scanner software. If that does not work uninstall the software and Start/Find/Files and Folders/(C) and do a search for “TWAIN”. Delete all you find and reinstall the software.

6. IGI

IGI Thread Starter

Won't deleting everything "twain" effect my other devices, like software for my digital camera?

7. LarryCore

LarryCore

8. Tricky

Tricky

I had this problem and it turned out to be
    a bad cable. It did'nt cost much and I
    figured if it did'nt fix it I would just
    have an extra cable.

9. IGI

IGI Thread Starter

I'll try re-installing the software(s, if needed). This particular scanner has a cable that's fixed on the scanner end, so I may have to just exchange the scanner if the re-install doesn't work.

Thanks - I'll keep you posted.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/34162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice