Scanner/Twain problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pursuant2

I have an Epson 1670 scanner hooked up to windows xp on my pc. Last week while trying to scan a picture I got a message saying
" scan could not be started could not open twain source make sure it is a valid source for the scanner.
I have never had any problems with this scanner in the 2 years I've owned it. I tried opening it from its software interface and got a message
"unable to start the scanner because it is not ready or another application is using it"
The scanner is ready and I can't think of any other programs that is using it. There might have been a problem with a Trojan virus I downloaded 3 weeks ago. I discovered it and had to purchase and install Doctor spyware to remove it. It removed it but I seem to recall some kind of twain source message that flashed across my screen at the time. Is there a connection? A friend said to go to device manager and uninstall the drivers, then go to windows twain directory folder and delete its contents. I went to device manager in the control panel and open the folder but it was blank, no scanner nothing just a blank folder. This got me thinking that it might be more than just a simple problem. any suggestions for the next step would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

pursuant2

Thanks for the suggestion about the drivers. I did download the latest driver with the same result. I see there is an older driver to pick from do you think I need or should install that one too?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online