1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanner was working fine then...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by puter hater, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

My HP scanner was working fine on my Windows 98 2ed computer and then all of a sudden the computer couldn't fine it.
    I have re-installed the program 4 times and it installs as unknown device....
    What can I do to make it install correctly...

I went to their site and checked for help there. I did what they said. Everything was checked correctly but it is still unknow device..

puter hater

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

boot into safe mode and completely uninstall the device (all entries under add/remove and any other references you can find including deleting the folders when you finish uninstalling).

reboot into normal mode and install the scanner EXACTLY as specified by the manf (some scanners must be disconnected when you isttall the software, some must be connected, etc.)

If that doesnt work, we will need a little more info such as make/model of scanner and how you have it connected (usb, serial, scsi, etc)

3. puter hater

I did the above and it still came back as unknown device.

Hp scan jet 4100 c USB

It loads under Serial Bus Controllers.
    Shouldn't it load under IMAGING DEVICE?

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

5. puter hater

I have upgraded the software. I will try the frist link over the next few days. Im out of time and the next 3 days are all tied up. I will let you know what happends, If I had the 299.00 to get the new scanner I would just forget about this but I don't have the funds and I NEED MY SCANNER for my web page stuff...:mad:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice