Scanner won't work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timg99

Hi
I updated my OS from ME to XP pro. I've managed to get everything up and running apart from the scanner.
Its an EPSON Perfection 1240U. I have one disc labelled 'scanner software' and have installed its contents.
The programme loads up fine (Epson Smart Panel) but when I try to use the scanner it says..
'Unable to access the scanner because it is not ready or another application is using it. Please make sure the scanner is on and connected to your computer, or close all scanning applications.'

All applications shut down and scanner plugged in and on. Is there anything I am missing do you know.

Cheers

Tim

timg99

Yes I think so. There are a few profiles on the computer but I don't know how to get the admin privileges on.
I've downloaded and installed latest driver form Epson but same message appears.

cypher2

Account Closed
Go to Start / Control Panel / User accounts

make sure your name is in there - and double click

make sure your privaleges are set to Administrator

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online