1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanner / Word problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cueman, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cueman

cueman Thread Starter

Can someone please help? I have a document originally created in Microsoft Office Pro 97 (Powerpoint). I now use Office Pro 2000 with XP Professional. Doing the install of a new chip and board, I lost every last piece of data on the pc and have tried to scan the document - successfully - but cannot open in Word. All I see is a page of "y"s with dots above them. Can anyone please help me, grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you in advance

Rob. (cueman)
    [email protected]

2. slipe

slipe

By scanning the document successfully, do you mean that you were able to see the text in some other place to confirm that the OCR worked?

It seems that something is amiss with your OCR. I would update it at the software maker’s site or the scanner site if it is integrated.

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Most "everyday" scanners just scan as a graphic. You must have the proper software and scanner to actually scan text, and those don't work that great anyway.

If your file is a jpg or gif or tif or some other file extension, you can open Word, hit Insert-Picture from file, and choose your scanned file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice