1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanners do not work when logged on to the domain

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by raj_kalangutkar, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raj_kalangutkar

raj_kalangutkar Thread Starter

OK I'm running windows xp with sp3 and the server which is the domain controller is running Linux. I have connected the HP all in one scanner ,printer to this windows xp machine. When I'm logged on locally as the administrator on this machine the scanner works fine when i try to scan using the hp solution center to scan the documents. But when i log on to the domain and try scanning using the solution center or even adobe photoshop or any other software it just will not scan and it tells me to reinstall the drivers of the scanner. The printer works fine. Just the scanner does not work. We have been facing this problem since forever now for like the past 2 years and nobody has been able to solve it. Hence I decided to talk to the experts. Please help me.. Thanks.

P.s. This happens with any of the all in one printers, scanners, fax...blah..
    I havent tried with a simple plain scanner tho..

2. HOC1375

HOC1375

Try uninstalling the drivers, log on to the domain and reinstall them again.

3. raj_kalangutkar

Well I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers like a hundred times and yet the same problem. And plus I'd say that the domain accounts are created so that users cannot make changes to the system:) So... We created a domain user with administrator rights and tried installing the drivers with that user id. But it wont let me install the drivers. It says that the administrator of this system has set system policies which prevents me from installing anything on this system. So i'm guessing that trying to install anything when logged on to the domain is out of the question..

4. bbearren

bbearren

Have a Mod move this thread to the Network Forum.

5. raj_kalangutkar

how do i do that

6. bbearren

bbearren

Use the Thread Tools at the top of this thread.

7. raj_kalangutkar

Ok well I'm kinda new to this. So I'm asking a mod to move this thread to the networking forum.. thanks

8. raj_kalangutkar

Hi bbearren I know this is a bit irritating but could u plz tel me how I could ask a mod to move this thread using the thread tools to move it to the networking forum?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/851223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice