1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanning 6x6 cm negatives with Epson 4870

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by I-learn, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. I-learn

I-learn Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I have a (UK model ?) Epson Perfection 4870 Photo scanner.

I have been trying to scan some 6x6 cm black and white negatives but have been having a problem as follows:-

.The negatives were placed in the 120 negative holder and a preview scan carried out.

The Preview appeared to "crop" the negatives to - what appeared to be 6x4.5 cm - i.e. to an upright rectangular format with a portion of the square image missing.

I went to the Epson site and downloaded Twain Driver And Epson Scan Utilities v3.04A+

I then re attempted the scan but - as before - the images were 'cropped' to a rectangular format.

Further research on the internet appeared to indicate that when I go to the Epson scan settings and hit the configuration button, I should see a tab which has the options for setting film format. This tab does not appear. The only tabs which appear under options are: 'Preview', 'Color' and 'Other'.

I am using Windows 10 operating system.

Could any one please help or advise?

Thanks in anticipation.

Graham B

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Sounds like might be an Epson problem ???
    Have you tried Windows Fax n Scan

If I'm ever forced to use W10 ...
    I'd run my Epson scanner with Irfanview
    You have to use the 32b version to operate the scanner.

3. Mazzy7

Mazzy7

I have exactly the same problem, its very frustrating. I have contacted Epsom via email, but if you find a solution please let me know.

Thankyou.

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Have you tried using the troubleshoot compatibility to either Windows XP or Windows 7.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1207664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice