Scanning and repairing drive (C:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Anna2021

Hi,
My laptop froze recently so I forced shut it off using the power button. When I turned it on again it showed me a black screen with the Lenovo logo and underneath that,
"Scanning and repairing drive (C:):" it then moved up to a Scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100% complete" but it has stayed there for the past hour or so.
I'm not sure if should wait longer and try to shut it down again, or just let it run?
It's a thinkpad on Windows 10 but was due for an automatic update. Unfortunately cannot run the system info utility at the moment so apologies for that.
Very scared at the moment because my laptop has all my academic work as well my writing. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What is the exact model number and serial number on that Lenovo ThinkPad laptop?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online