1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanning problem- Question from a novice.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twersk, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twersk

twersk Thread Starter

Hello there. I was wondering if you might be able to help me. I just bought a Brother 7300C and I can't seem to scan this photograph. It is color and when I feed it into the ADF the picture that comes up on my computer is mostly black, with a few outlines of where my head and mouth are. I probably have to change the resolution or the PDF , but I don't know how to do either. (I know I'm supposed to attach picture to a white piece of paper, but that doesn't solve the problem.)

I'm trying to get the picture into a file so that I can e-mail it, but there's barely any picture showing, just a couple of outlines.

Do you know anything about this?
    :p

2. ezymony

ezymony

make sure you have the color button selected when you scan sounds like it is scanning in black only.

3. twersk

twersk Thread Starter

Hey, it's a real privilege getting support from an expert.

My new question is I don't know where the button would be located that would enable me to scan in color.

I copied the same photograph by putting it into the same ADF and it came out in color. So I must surmise that the hardware portion of my Brother (at least the copying part) is already set for color. So, either the scanning part of the hardware is in B/W or something in the software is set for B/W. Either way the picture comes out like I mentioned before.

Also, I don't know if this has something to do with it, but the software PAINT program that contains my picture has 28 small boxes on the bottom and all of them are in different shades of B/W!! No color!

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your answer.

4. ezymony

ezymony

There is some experts in here but im not even close but i will try to help im not familiar with the brother products but the specs says it has scan to email function so somewhere there is a button or icon that you can click it should scan your pitcure and pull up your outgoing mail screen with the pitcure attachement already on it try looking at the help menu on your print/scanner my lexmark has a black only and color button.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice