1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scanning program

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by John Sparkman, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. John Sparkman

John Sparkman Thread Starter

Hi all.

A friend of mine has given me a scanner (ReadyScan 636i) that he had with his old system (Packard Bell) that a badly placed cup of coffee helped turn into a paperweight.:rolleyes:
    I want to install the scanner on my sisters machine but I need a program that will run the scanner. I have already downloaded and saved the driver files.
    My friend said that the scanner came as part of the computer package but he has already thrown out all the disks that came with it.
    Any ideas at all?

Thanks
    John

2. anlore2001

anlore2001

First Name:
    Andrew
    Hello,
    Is it a Packard Bell brand scanner or another company?? Have you tried to check out that companies website to see if there is the software to download? please advise. Thanks

3. slipe

slipe

Usually the TWAIN driver for a scanner is the scanning software. It is specific to the scanner. If you downloaded the driver files it should be all you need to run the scanner.

You will need an image editor. Start out with this freeware: http://www.freewarefiles.com/programs.php?ProgramID=1012&categoryid=3&subcategoryid=36 You can go to their home page to download the manual for their shareware version. Everything in the free version is covered in the manual, there are just some things missing.

Both Ulead PhotoImpact and Paint Shop Pro have free 30 day trials. You can also scan into Irfanview: www.irfanview.com The image editing is somewhat limited, but you can modify the images to some degree and print from the program.

4. Siriusbusiness

Siriusbusiness

I did a search for a readyscan 636i i got about 10 hits use your search engine the scanner is a NEC .
    Good luck.

Attached Files:

5. John Sparkman

John Sparkman Thread Starter

Thanks guys.

I have an old copy of PictureIt to use as a photo editor. If I have any other problems after I get this thing hooked up to my sisters machine I'll post back. Once again thanks for the help.

John

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66976

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice