1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scanning to a folder.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by gnuma, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gnuma

gnuma Thread Starter

I am using hp officejet 4500-510g
    I want to scan documents into Microsoft Word folder but I can't get doc or docx extension. All they offer are rich text, bmp, pdf or picture programs. Is there some way that I can indicate a docx extension?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    First of all, why are trying this?
    When scanning you get a "image" not a word document.

To get a Word document, you need to use the OCR program that come with your scanner.

There is also a built OCR program to some of the latest MS Office versions within the OneNotes program.

3. gnuma

gnuma Thread Starter

Hi DaveA
    YOu're telling me all stuff I didn't know. Where do I find this OCR program on my scanner.

I did notice when I scanned the program said scan new picture but I never saw anything about OCR I'm using Windows 7 on a new Dell 620s Inspiron 64 bit computer and 2010 MSPub and MSWord.

John

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  5. gnuma

gnuma Thread Starter

HI, DAveA
    Sorry I'm so long in replying, but I've been having internet problems.
    I checked in the manual and it's worthless so far as scanning information. I didn't find anything.
    I did find that the machine has default OCR and when I did get it to scan to My Scans it defaulted to legal size paper and I never found how to change it, even though I clicked on letter size it still set up as legal. Also, I can't adjuat margins the way I want. I've never had this problem since I got the machine until I got the Windows 7 machine.
    Sure wish I could send a "Problem Solved."
    gnuma

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice