scanning woes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

microcap52

I am trying to use my sister's HP flatbed scanner to scan some pics and documents to post to our website...the scanned image is saved to a bmp file that is between 6 and 7 MB...the file is then too large to do anything with...even trying to zip the file (WinZip) causes the computer to "laugh" at me...how do I get these files down to a manageable size (under 100 K each)?...thanks in advance

bitmap files are very large. The program should have the option of exporting the image as a .jpeg picture instead. It will apply compression and the resulting .jpeg will be much, much smaller.

If the scanner software itself won't let you do this, many different image editing programs will. Try opening the .bmps in Microsoft Paint and then "Save As", making sure to select .jpeg as the extension under "File Type".

Now you'll get the last laugh ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts