1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scans all green

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by WPaul, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WPaul

WPaul Thread Starter

I have an HP5300c scanner. All of a sudden all scans are green,,,color or B&W. Shows up on the viewer as green too.
    TIA,WP

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Some suggestions I found on HP's website:

The scanning carriage in the scanner may have lost the home position and needs to be reset.

Shut the computer system off and then disconnect the scanner from the power source. Leave the scanner disconnected from the power source for at least one full minute.
    Reconnect the power and then restart the computer system.
    When the computer system has fully restarted, try scanning again. If the scanner functions normally, there is no need to continue with the other steps in this document.

Verify the shipping lock is fully disengaged.

The scanner may have a shipping lock that prevents the scanning carriage from being damaged during shipping. Lock and unlock the shipping lock several times to be sure it is fully disengaged.
    For instructions on unlocking the scanner, refer to the setup poster that came with your scanner.

3. WPaul

WPaul Thread Starter

Thanks,,I've tried those doesn't seem to have an effect.

4. Cheeseball81

Is the scanner near a computer monitor and/or speakers?
    If so, relocate the scanner at least three feet away from the monitor and/or speakers and retry the scan.

5. WPaul

WPaul Thread Starter

The scanner is 3+ feet from computer and has been in the same place for years. I'm thinking something has gone bad inside the scanner or power surge ect. Surley someone else has experienced this,,,I see it mentioned but no solution.

:(

6. Cheeseball81

It's possible.

And since you've had it for years, there is probably no warranty left on it.

I'd say try reinstalling the drivers and software. But if something went bad inside the scanner itself, that won't really do much.

You could always contact HP and see what they say.

7. Cheeseball81

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!