1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scansoft software for brother printer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by CPerez, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPerez

CPerez Thread Starter

Hello

I decided to install my printer's software on my computer. During installation, there was an error. I looked a t the information that came with the cd and stated that it can only be used for versions of windows up to xp. I have windows vista. I decided to unistall the program from the add/remove options. It said that there was an error and decided to hide the brother icon in that folder. When i start the computer, the brother program tries to start and states an error.

With this software comes paperport 8.0 SE, which i tried to uninstall separately. An error occurs and the process is stopped. All the programs which came from this software are corrupted.

Any advice on this annoying matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. lagunasrfr

lagunasrfr

Try System Restore and restore from a date/time before you installed the software. From the Start button, type in System Restore and run it. If that didn't fix the problem, go back to system restore and "Undo" the restore.

NOTE: ALWAYS DO A SYSTEM BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING SOFTWARE OR REMOVING IT.

3. Stoner

Stoner Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/892407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice