1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sceen looks pixelated while playing games, sometimes

Discussion in 'Games' started by hyperfx, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperfx

hyperfx Thread Starter

I've recently noticed that sometimes while playing a game my screen will looked pixelated and change colors, usually to green. Not the whole screen but about half of it. And the pc locks up.

This doesn't always happen and usually only happens while playing a "map" that has more items in it. I play America's Army 2 for the most part. If I play a very simple "map" with few items in it, it doesn't happen. Or hasn't happened yet.

The only thing I can think of is it might be my video card going bad. I have an older video card. Nvidia Geforce 6200. I had someone build my pc and I'm figuring the card was probably used and not new.

What does this sound like it could be? Any help is appreciated.

2. Megabite

Megabite

Try seeing if there are any updated drivers for that video card......also if no new drivers then uninstall the video card drivers and restart the PC.

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    It could also be a heat related problem. if it occurs on maps with 'more stuff on them' that implies heavier load on the GPU which in turn will generate more heat, worth having a look at anyway as it doesn't cost anything to check.

Download and install HWMonitor. With your PC just at the desktop run the program and screenshot its full window, then keeping that running in the background run a game for 5-10 minutes. Exit the game and screenshot the HWMonitor window again then upload both pictures and link them in a reply here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028744

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice