1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scheduled auto restart not working

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ognik, Nov 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ognik

ognik Thread Starter

Hi, every morning my win 10 pc seems to have a hangover, everything drags. Tried many things, only a restart works. Used schedule manager to auto restart during the night, but it's not working - win is still too slow.
    Have wake the computer set and everything else looks good to go in scheduler .... and in the system log there is a 6006 at the right time (this should happen last thing before the restart, and is apparently usually a good indicator of a restart)

BUT, if I run in cmd: systeminfo | find /i “Boot Time” it confirms that the restart didn't happen, shows a time that I know was my last manual reboot.

Beyond my level of expertise now, help would be much appreciated :)

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Do you have a password on the using account?
    The use of the schedule manager requires a pass worded account

3. ognik

ognik Thread Starter

Yes, using my user account, I just re-entered the pw
    I have - "run whether user is logged on or not" & "Wake the computer to run this task"
    I'm running C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -F -R

4. ognik

ognik Thread Starter

I have attached a csv log of all the events at that time - it looks like the restart has succeeded, but I am sure it hasn't, because:
    a) The -R switch should mean that only the startup pgms start afterwards, instead all the pgms that were running when I finished yesterday, are still running - all browsers with all tabs still open for example.
    b) The problem with memory is there already when I login - 88% of memory used.

If I manually restart, the browsers etc. don't load, and memory use is around half (~40%).

Hope this helps?
    Is there any debug help - more verbose logging of some sort?

Attached Files:

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Also have is you log in password being entered?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice