Scheduling task not work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ashras99

Scheduling tasks not working in Windows XP SP1. In computer management services scheduling taks is "Automatic". But not working.

I give the date and time and watch that date and time. When the time crossed nothing happens but change in the date happens, if i select the scheduling "daily".

From what I've found, it depends on what you are trying to schedule. On an old Win98 machine, I had a sound file that would fire at a particular time (an alarm clock sort of scenario).

When I upgraded that machine to XP Pro, that same scheduled task would not fire. After some research, I found that the only way it would work is to ensure that a password is used to log on to the PC.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311119

MBN

ashras99

right now i am using the password for logging and enter the password when make the schedule.

But few months ago before logging the schedule process works fine. That menas this is not the right answer.

I got such a warm and fuzzy reading your reply that all I want to do is go out and research more for you....NOT!

looking at some of the other current threads you have, seems that you have several problems going on. You might want to first take Mobo's advice from http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=208265 and go from there.

MBN

ashras99

already tried out. Below mobo post if you read my post than u get the answer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online