schema.org extensions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JiminSA

Jim
I am attempting to jack up a client's holiday accommodation site in terms of Search Engine crawling friendliness, by adopting Schema tagging and rich data snippets, via Google Webmaster Tools.

Having looked through the schema.org full hierarchy, I find nothing that fits the bill.

So I read further and see that in theory, you can set up your own extension to schema.org, where it promises...
Therefore, schema.org has created an extension mechanism that lets webmasters and developers extend our existing schemas.
Does anyone know how I do this? Is there a cms that one can sign in to in order to do the addition? - I want to extend Thing > Place > to include > HolidayAccommodation - or does one simply specify the new property in the html thus
HTML:
<div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/HolidayAccommodation">
Thanks in anticipation;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online