schools for computer science

hfxcastillo

Hey everyone,

I have a question to all who might know. I am thinking of seriously obtaining a bachelor's degree in computer network. The most difficult choice for me, is choosing the right school.
I use to be enroll in ITT Technical institude, once I found out how bad ITT really is, I withdrew from the school. Internet research showed me how bad university of Phoenix is.
ITT has a really bad name and I dont want to be in a school that has a bad rep. I am strongly considering attending DeVry university, I haven't found any negative feedback about DeVry. All I want is just a degree to get ahead in life, anybody have any suggestion or know anything about DeVry????????? thanks.
your tech friend

Fernando:D

DoubleHelix

Banned
A Yahoo search is not what you need.

What is your budget for school? Can you afford to take out loans for over $100,000 for this degree? If not, you have to pick a cheaper school.

hfxcastillo

I cant afford a $100,000 dollar university, so I have to look for something more economical.
maybe schools like DeVry or something similar, I just want a network degree

Are you saying computer science or computer network?
I started studying computer science myself but after a couple of semesters switched to Networks; it seemed that there is more job security and can get a pretty good salary if get a couple or certifications.

Check this group of schools
http://www.collegeanduniversity.net/colleges-programs-states/network-training-courses.htm

I never heard complaints about CollegeAmerica, High Tech, Virginia College, or Strayer; there seem to be a lot of options depending on where you live.

I dont think these schools are 100K. I ended up going to NJIT and it was around 10K a year

Hi hfxcastillo,

Stanford To Offer Free CS and Robotics Courses.

Also, MIT has free CS courses here. Note: search for Computer Science and view all courses link after the search and you link to that web page.

Use them as a way to learn on your own time other than attending an accredited college/university that you can afford perhaps starting with a local two-year college then transfer to a 4-year university.

-- Tom

I graduated with an AS degree in Computer Networking and Technology from CollegeAmerica and would highly recommend their Computer Degree Programs offered with some great options. Apart from graduating with a degree, their program also prepares you for various certifications such as A +, Intro to Oracle, MCSE, C.N.A., Novell, CCNA, CAN, CCNP, SUN Solaris and more. So, it’s a win-win situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online