1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scopeware Vision -- alternatives to, problems with, etc…

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by keyz, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keyz

keyz Thread Starter

Scopeware Vision -- alternatives to, problems with, etc…

For those of you familiar with (what I would term) graphical search tools like “Scopeware Vision”, I would like to get some feedback from you (…and for those of you not familiar with this type of tool, you might want to check it out, http://www.scopeware.com/ as it should be a very useful tool for most folks in this age of super-giga hard drives…)

Anyway, I recently stumbled across “Scopeware” and am currently only a few minutes into trying it out on a 30 day trial, and although (for me) it is not what I would call real “intuitive” to use, it does look like an extremely useful tool once you get over the learning curve on how to use it for everything…

But, what I am wondering is, do any of you know of similar types of progs that maybe I should check out before handing over $25 for the license to Scopeware…? And, specifically pertaining to Scopeware, are there any precautions that I should be aware of (like, do you ever reach a point where even the tool becomes cumbersome, or overloaded, or slow, or?)?

2. Gram123

Gram123

3. keyz

keyz Thread Starter

Thanks for the reviews, Gram123...

After perusing them, and a couple of others on my own, the only potential drawback that I could find was the following blurb:

"Even on a powerful PC, however, it can be a strain on system performance."

...but frankly, I now have about everything indexed with Scopeware that I need to catalog (roughly 20 of 25 gigs of data, emails, etc...) and did not experience any noticeable performance hits during the indexing and it seems to fly right along now, but then I've got 1 gig of DDR memory and a 2.6 ghz processor, etc., a fairly fast machine...

Looks good to me, in my short research, I noticed that there were only a couple of competing products that did not sound as good (?) and cost 10 times and 100 times more...

Think I will check to see if I can buy stock in the company, they should have a good future once this catches on...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice