1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scrambled IE Explorer Icons

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rickchapman, Nov 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rickchapman

rickchapman Thread Starter

Somehow, I don't know how, I scrambled my IE icon bar. No more "stop" icon. Not available in the "Customize" choice. Something called "separator" in the "Add" choice. The back and forward icons have "|Back|For.." labels.

What the heck is going on? Any insights much appreciated.

rick

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

rick go back to customize on the toolbar & look at the icons on the left... if you see the one you need simply move it to the right. If its been deleted I will try to find out how to reinstall it.
    In the meanwhile... let me ask when is the last time you ran a good virus scan.
    I highly recommend
    House Calls

Savvy :)

3. rickchapman

rickchapman Thread Starter

Hi, Savvy. No, that's the first thing I did. The stop icon, for instance, seems to be "gone," or at least the label is.

My virus protection is up to date and I pass the scans. I'm going to reinstall IE with a later version. See how that goes.

Thanks for the reply!

rick

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

I think this article/site will help you out.
    Click here!

Savvy :)

5. Brooks

Brooks Guest

You did not indicate what operating system you are using, but you can reset all your internet explorer toolbars by editing the registry. This will set them back to the default install state.

You will need to go to hkey_current_user\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ and delete the WebBrowser key. This will reset the IE toolbars to the default state. The key will be recreated when you restart IE and customize the toolbar.

6. Paul Nagel

Paul Nagel

If you have TweakUi installed, it has an Icon rebuild option. If you have IE 5.0 or greater, you can go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and double click on IE 5, you should get an option to Repair IE.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice