1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scratched CD plays but is inaccessible

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by BlackFrancis, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlackFrancis

BlackFrancis Thread Starter

While packing I found a rare CD from a local band which I thought was lost forever. It has a good few minor scratches. I'd like to rip the tracks.

The CD took a few minutes to successfully load and play, I'm listening to it right now.

Freerip wont load the track list, so I can't directly rip it to MP3 to my hard drive.

I tried putting them on my desktop and then using Any Audio Converter to convert them to MP3, but there is no data in the CDA files I put on my desktop.

This is a rare CD from almost 20 years ago and it would be of tremendous benefit to myself, Galway's music scene, and the world, if I could get these audios off the CD.

I'm thinking that I could rig up an audio line and pipe it into Audacity and record them live that way, but that's tedious and may result in a drop in quality - I'd like to hear any other possible solutions first.

Thanks guys.

2. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

If you think that the problems you are having are directly connected to the cd being scratched, have you tried any of these suggested tips?: http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratched-CD Have you tried burning a copy, then using the copy to rip your mp3?

3. stantley

stantley

4. BlackFrancis

BlackFrancis Thread Starter

The soap and warm water/board marker method worked. I guess it just needed a little more clarity.

Thanks for all your responses.

5. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!