1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scratched motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bailey88, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bailey88

Bailey88 Thread Starter

Hi I'm 14 and I have just built a gaming pc, however I just discovered a scratch on my motherboard, it's small but relatively deep and a tiny bit of copper is showing in don't think it covers the whole line but I just wanted reassurance that it's ok or wether it needs to be fixed, I haven't actually turn on the pc as ram still is not installed. Picture attached bellow it's zoomed in and the flash light sort of makes scratch look a little bigger than it is. Thanks ,

Bailey

Attached Files:

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    It's hard to tell from the photo but if the copper hasn't been completely cut through it should work ok.
    However if you are unsure about the copper I would RMA the board.

3. Bailey88

Bailey88 Thread Starter

Firstly what is RMA and thank you very much. I'm testing it tonight as my ram is here, also should I use nail varnish/polish on the scratch.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    RMA = Return Merchandise Authorisation, basically you contact the seller and request an RMA so you can return the item for replacement or refund.

Even if it works ok I would not cover it with nail varnish just in case you do have to return it later on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1201594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice