1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Screen background colour

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Brucers, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brucers

Brucers Thread Starter

Hi, I hope I'm in the right area! My PC (on Windows XP) screen has gone all greeny/yellow, a bit like sepia. How do I undo this (I have no idea how it came about). I tried to do a restore but my PC won't make changes? Any adcive appreciated

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    DO you mean just the background of the desktop? (The area where all the icons are at when you first turn on the computer)

Or is it the ACTUAL WHOLE SCREEN?

If its the desktop you can right click it and it has options to change those settings under display settings.

But if its the whole monitor/screen you may have a bad VGA/display cable.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    A loose connection between either VGA (on the computer or the monitor) will cause color changes.

I have a large screen attached to a 7" netbook and I have to play with the VGA connection to get the color correct.

metallica5456 likes this.
  4. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Indeed, Liz. You might just need a new VGA cable btw, Liz. :)

5. Brucers

Brucers Thread Starter

Thank you peeps. I would never have looked at the cable, I assumed I'd inadvertently pressed a button somewhere! Turns out it was a loose connection.

6. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Great !! You can mark your thread as solved by clicking the button at the top of the page!

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Andrew, remind me not to try your suggestions.

I had to hunt for another VGA cable. The original was connected so tight and the space to turn was so small, between my husband and I using a wrench, we got the connector to the monitor off. I put the replacement on, making sure not to twist it so tight that I couldn't get it off. When I went to put the plastic cover on the back of the monitor that covers the cords, I discovered the VGA cable had this VGA.jpg
    That interfered so the back cover would not fit on. I had to undone the cable and replace with the old one.

metallica5456 likes this.
  8. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Aww, that sucks. Did your new cable work?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice