Screen blank after restart

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Anti-Bosz

First off, first post and forum entry XD!!!
Second statistics
-Mobo is a abit ul8 socket 939
-vid card should not be the problem but...geforce 5500 bfg 256mb
-the rest of the parts are not relevant to the situation.

problem
-at first i couldn't get this pc to even display something on the screen, i replaced several gfx cards without success. I then took out the cmos battery n reset the bios, that was when i got the pc to start up. I went all the way to windows, all drivers working(xp was pre installed on the harddrive). Yet when i restart the computer, the screen goes blank and stays blank on boot.
I have to reset the bios each time i turn on the computer.

I tried messing with the bios, setting the cdrom to boot first so that i can run the xp disk, but no success. I have to reset the bios to get the computer to display something on the screen.

I updated the bios by flashing a new version of it. Still no success.

Any suggestions??? hopefully the mobo ain't messed up ;D.

managed

Allan
Try it without the Cmos Battery fitted, the PSU should keep the Bios powered as long as the main power is on.
This is to eliminate any chance of a failing battery causing trouble.

Anti-Bosz

I did do without the battery. i went all the way to windows xp, restarted, then got stuck with a blank screen again. not until i turned the pc off and waited then turned it back on did i get to see the pc come to life again.

Anti-Bosz

ok so i load the bios in fail-safe mode and it works perfectly!! but...why?
i disabled the logo on optimized default and it still messed up. what feature might be turned off in fail-safe that is on in optimized mode?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online