1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen brightness changes do not save permanently

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by HLA91, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HLA91

HLA91 Thread Starter

Hi everyone

I have been given a laptop which works fine apart from the power port is occasionally dodgy and the power connection is lost for a split second every 10-15 minutes which is no problem as I thought I could simply make the "plugged in" and "on battery" screen brightness the same so I wouldn't notice when it happened,. Sadly when I change the brightness within say 30 seconds it changes back to the power plans default settings. I have tried creating my own power plan but then it deletes my Custom Plan. I have no clue what to do next, does anyone know how to solve this?

Many thanks

HLA91

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1039288