1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen Capture Software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Bill P, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bill P

Bill P Thread Starter

I would like to get a program that I can capture a part or all of the screen. There is times that I need to copy info such as search results and I can't do it. Can you suggest one free or reasonable? Thank you.

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

3. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

...and Alt+PrintScreen will capture an open window/error/message box. That way you don't have to crop, etc., to just get what you need.

MBN

4. Bill P

Bill P Thread Starter

Thanks for the help and info.

5. Bill P

Bill P Thread Starter

Hi Buck ,I downloaded MWSnap and now I'm trying to figure out how to use it. I want to be able to copy to clipboard an paste. I can't seem to be able to get it to work.

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

with mwsnap you don't need to save to clipboard...just click file> save as within the snap program and save it where you would like for future use

when you open the program on the left click "Any rect.area" then below that click "Snap fied rectangle" then drag the outline you want to snap...when you have the area you want double click then do the file save as

buck

7. Bill P

Bill P Thread Starter

I can save it to my documents.But it is saved as a bmp file . Then I can't delete the image from the MWSnap program. It says that it can be copied to clip board and that is what I would like.

8. buck52

buck52 Banned

I have not used the program extensively but...

when you file >save as... can you not change it to jpg or something else in the "save as type" box

or if you want to put it on the windows clipboard...instead of file> save as ...do edit>copy then you can paste it wherever you like

to get it out of the snap program just close the program...when you reopen it will be gone

buck

9. Bill P

Bill P Thread Starter

I have tried edit ,copy ,but it doesn't go to the clipboard. You don't get the option to paste in the clipboard. Then it seems you can't remove the captured image from the program.

10. buck52

buck52 Banned

I'm sorry but your confusing me...albiet not very hard sometimes ;) ...How do you know it doesn't go to the clipboard...have you opened an editor and tried to paste...

the windows clipboard is just there you realy can't see it...whenever you click edit>copy you have to follow with edit>paste in an image/editor program of some sort

this program really eliminates the step of pasting...all you have to do is save it after you snap it

buck

11. Bill P

Bill P Thread Starter

I have captured some text and it shows on the program box. I clicked on copy . Then I have come to this reply post , right clicked and there is no option to paste.

12. buck52

buck52 Banned

I see what you are trying to do...

Doing it that way does not work for me either

I don't think you can do that...I believe it must be pasted to a editor within windows

buck

13. Bill P

Bill P Thread Starter

Thanks for your help Buck. I'll just have to figure out something else.

14. buck52

buck52 Banned

If you save the resulting snap you can then upload it here as an attachment...
    I think you will find you will not be able to paste directly here from the clipboard...
    you can paste actual text that you copy to the clipboard but...this is really an image not the actual text

buck

15. mpacey

mpacey

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/192233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice