1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen Colour Change

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by woolplum100, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. woolplum100

woolplum100 Thread Starter

Returning to my PC after a holiday of 8 days, there were several updates to be loaded, which were executed before the final switch off. After reopening My screen had gone to some weird colours which made text look all shadowed and hard to read. I managed to change both colour and contrast to make it readable, but it still has grey lines across the screen. I changed the monitor but it made no difference. I am running Windows XP Pro.
    Assistance would be appreciated.
    Peter

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

Try Reinstalling Your Video Card Drivers

3. woolplum100

Thank you for that info, but I have to say that I have been through my discs and do not think I can find one to reinstall, believing that it came already installed. I also have to confess my abysmal ignorance that I am not sure what I am looking for or even to find the driver installed. I think I am looking for Nvidea, but not sure. I cannot locate it by search or in My Computer. More help please. Thank You

4. ViprXX

ViprXX

what is the make and model number of your computer?

5. woolplum100

My PC is DELL, Model XPS-Z Type x86, 4100. Using XP Pro Version 5.1.2600 including
    Svc Pack 2. I think I have found the name of the driver - 32MB NVIDEA GEFORCE 2.

Is this sufficient information for you. Thanks for coming back

6. woolplum100

Sorry you asked for model number - J3FV20J

7. ViprXX

ViprXX

click the Start menu then click on Run... and type devmgmt.msc then click OK. that will bring up device manager. in device manager double click on Display Adapters then double click on your video card and click the Driver tab on the new window and see what it says next to Driver Provider and Driver Date. also whats the full name right under all the tabs beside the icon?

8. woolplum100

Thank You

Following your instructions the following info.
    NVIDEA GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 Microsoft Corporation
    Under DriversTab
    Provider NVIDEA
    Date 07/04/2004
    Version 5.6.7.3

The Options listed are Driver Details, Update Driver, Rollback Driver and Uninstall.

There is a Troubleshoot option - not yet accessed.

The section covers General, Drivers, Details, Resources

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/611394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice