1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen Colour has gone dark, no red!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by teacherteacher, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. teacherteacher

teacherteacher Thread Starter

Hi
    The colour of my screen has gone wierd!
    It is almost as if there are some colours missing. some colours are the same but slightly darker. I definitely dont have any red! this appears as black!
    I have tried a different screen and have the same problem. The computer is hooked up to an interactive white board!
    I am a teacher and this problem is very frustrating!
    Any help would be massivley appreciated!
    Where is my knight?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You gave no specs as far as the computer you are using like OS running and brand and exact model of the computer. So we are clueless as to what hardware is in the computer as far as a video chip or an installed video card. Without that info, no useful help can be given.

3. teacherteacher

teacherteacher Thread Starter

so sorry
    new to this stuff
    it is a Dell Pc
    it has windows xp professional
    what else do you need and where can i find it?

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Dell makes lots of PCs, desktops and laptops.
    Look over the case and tell us first if it is a desktop or a laptop. If a desktop, find the label usually on the back or one of the sides but it could be on the bottom, which gives a model number. If a laptop, turn it over and find the model on the bottom. Do not post the Windows serial number.

The Dells we own have a name like Pavilion or Optiplex printed on them and also the model number. On the Pavilion it is near the on button. On the Optiplex it is printed on the side of the tower.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1134535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice