1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen-connection dies when playing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Enertez, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enertez

Enertez Thread Starter

Hello!

My screen goes black when I play games, it works fine for a while then the screen goes black, but I've still got control of windows for 2-3 secs, I can change songs by my keyboard etc, but then I lose all control of it. It also sounds like it's working more when this problem occurs. I've tried updating the drivers, formating the hard-drive and re-installing vista and removing dust from the computer. I've also tried to cut the monitors power for like 20sec and then reboot the monitor, bit it still won't find any connection, it searches for a connection as soon as the problem occurs but can't seem to find any. The computer store which built my computer have had a look at it and they couldn't get the same problem to occur while they were running a benchmark. The windows log says nothing at all about the problem. The only way to get the picture back is to manually reboot the computer by holding the power button. I've never noticed this problem while browsing the web or things that don't use a lot of graphics. Also, I had a similar problem some time ago, about a year, which disappeared when they store installed a new power supply.

Help will be appreciated!
    - Enertez

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice