1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen flashing, HDMI not working, BSoD: BAD POOL CALLER

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by DiceBogs, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiceBogs

DiceBogs Thread Starter

Hello friends;

I have a Dell Studio 1735 laptop running Vista SP2 32-bit, 4GB RAM and intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz CPU.

My hard drive is almost full so I store video files on a Western Digital external drive and watch them straight off of it using VLC, and I generally out to my HDTV via my HD port. I hadn't been having problems until a few weeks ago, when, upon connecting the tv to my computer, the screen would flash to black for an instant(like it always does to configure the tv) and then flash back to whatever I was doing for a second and then continue flashing back and forth. I used to just take out the cord and blow on the jack and port and occasionally I'd have to reset the laptop or mess around with Mobility Center but it would always end up working. But lately, it keeps flashing the entire time I have the tv plugged in, and it just started having this problem where every time it flashes back to my screen, the cursor is reset in the middle of the screen and i have about 1 second to click things or make tangible progress through menus before it goes black and resets to the middle. It has been doing that for maybe a week and I've still been trying to mess with different settings to get it to work and the last few days it's been resulting in BSoD with the message BAD POOL CALLER. Any suggestions or requests for additional info? Thanks very much in advance.
    Minidump link http://rapidshare.com/share/DB7A8C992E2BB14753C65EA19524FB56
    TSG software message attached. K: is my external in question.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3573 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 294924 MB, Free - 15687 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 2622 MB; K: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 101426 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0YP944
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1108988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice