1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen Flickering on gray shades

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by agentmass, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. agentmass

agentmass Thread Starter

Hi, I just built my self a new computer and when I see gray shades or when I am in a dark area in a game I see my screen almost make lines where the gray shades are and this is the only thing that is wrong with my computer. Here is a video you can not see it as well because for some reasson it gets rid of most of the flickering when its in video form but when I can actually see it in real time it is flickering very badly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_WZ0aGpywU

2. By_Rock

By_Rock

Try these,
    1. Check to connection cable (DVI/VGA/HDMI)
    2. Change the screen resolution.
    3. Update/upgrade video card latest driver from manufacturer website.

Let me know the result. Good luck :)

3. agentmass

agentmass Thread Starter

I have done all those things, none of them do it.

4. agentmass

agentmass Thread Starter

5. Jordster

Jordster

6. agentmass

agentmass Thread Starter

No its not like that at all its almost like you know those old VCRs and they have that white static going from the buttom to the top? well mine is not white and its not really static. vsync seems to help but its like an almost invisible line and its very annoying. Here let me get a screenshot maybe they work better then videos. Ok so I just tried a screenshot and they don't show it but I did think of a way the lines look. They look like the screen tearing vsync helps A LOT but not enough the screen refresh rate is 60 but the max fps vsync is set to 75 i think it would help a lot if I could figure out how to set the default vsync fps for any game to 60 fps just like my screen refresh rate.

7. agentmass

agentmass Thread Starter

8. agentmass

agentmass Thread Starter

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice