Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screen flickers, fan runs constantly and very high CPU I need advice for a free fix!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
I have a high quality HP computer with a terabyte of memory using Windows 7 and the PC is about 7 years old. My computer fan has been running too constantly and loud for months! I cleaned it once and then again more recently including taking the fans out and cleaning them completely and replacing them. The CPU runs very high, especially if I try to play games on facebook or anything that may require extra stress on my graphics drivers. I tried to update drivers and spent money to have this done using Driver Boost Pro, only to be told it was a very minor fix and my computer would need another 200-300 dollars worth of work done! Including an Infection Sweep, a One Time Repair, and a Tune Up. I do not have that kind of money right now and I am becoming more adept at doing more and more for my computer and would appreciate any useful advice that could help me to take care of these problems as much on my own or with free...completely free....programs that could help. I was also told to lower the number of Processes running and have done so but apparently more needs to be done. Thankyou for your help and I hope to hear back soon. Take care and I really appreciate it!

#2 ·
AngelLuvsChris:

This works for me, although some would contend that defragging isn't necessary as much as I do it:

1. Defragment daily using a auto schedule
2. Run CCleaner daily to remove temporary internet files and empty browser caches using a auto schedule
3. Backup daily to guarantee the safety of files on the computer
4. Keep the documents folder (My Documents for most users) neat and clean, so there aren't a large amount of unnecessary files
5. Clean the inside of the PC every few months or so

*It helps to run Malware scans every once in awhile and also to run diagnostic scans of hard drives and RAM memory. The RAM test is very long (12-24 hours), and it can only be run using a boot disk outside of Windows. The hard drive tests can be found for free at the internet site of your hard drive's manufacturer. Good tool to have for catching problems before there is a full hard drive failure that causes files to be unretrievable...

Otherwise, you may have some adware on your PC. Someone will come along to help...

#4 ·
I have a high quality HP computer with a terabyte of memory using Windows 7 and the PC is about 7 years old.
What's the model name and model number of that HP computer?

What's the product number(P/N) on it?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to update drivers and spent money to have this done using Driver Boost Pro, only to be told it was a very minor fix and my computer would need another 200-300 dollars worth of work done! Including an Infection Sweep, a One Time Repair, and a Tune Up.
There's no reason to pay for and use a driver scanner because drivers can be obtained at the computer's support site or at the different vendor sites.

There's also no reason to pay for computer "tuneups", "repairs", "infection removals", etc..

Besides being a big ripoff and throwing money away, you can obtain drivers and maintenance tools for free.

raybro gave you a good example of 2 free maintenance tools for finding and removing threats.

Stay away from programs that promise they can make your computer run faster and better and fix the problems in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.