1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen flickers/goes black

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ygravikt, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ygravikt

ygravikt Thread Starter

In the past week my computer screen has been flickering and going black a lot, it does not lose power, but it goes black for a few seconds and them comes back and a few seconds later it goes black again. Sometimes it will work for a few hours before it starts the flickeing. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 712N LCD screen and a Nvidia GeForce FX 5700LE. I dont understand why it is doing this all of a sudden, it worked fine the first few months I had it. Also the screen resolution is at its optimum setting 1280X 1024. Can someone please help me?

2. winbob

winbob

You are having a problem with the LCD screen's Flourescent backlight. If the screen is still under warranty send it in for repairs.

If you want to do a little home research....see if a tap on the edges brings it back on. That would indicate a loose connection of some type.

3. ygravikt

ygravikt Thread Starter

Hmmm....is there anything else that could be wrong....tapping it doesnt bring it back....it works fine almost all day but when it gets to be around 6:30pm everynight the screen starts to do this, its always around the same time of day....wat could be causing this....it seems like if there was a light problem with would do this more often.

4. winbob

winbob

Well there is always the possibility that SOMETHING in your vicinity happens at around 6:30pm every night that causes electrical interference that brings on your symptoms? So you have to become Sherlock Holmes!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/304430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice