1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen Freezes and I get a White Transparent Screen

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by misspamela, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. misspamela

misspamela Thread Starter

Greetings to all,
    I have this annoying screen problem that has finally taken its toll on me. While doing anything online (Google, Email, Surfing etc) my computer screen will freeze and then go a white translucent color.
    It happens across the board on anything I may be working on.
    If I am in Google, and I'm also checking email, or working on an Excel Sheet, all 3 things will freeze and go white.

I have attached my HijackThis Log, as well as the DDS and Attach txt.
    Please let me know if there is any other info that is needed to help me solve this annoying problem.

The freeze usually lasts a minute sometimes 2...and as you can imagine, when you're working at a frantic pace, having to stop and start is really annoying.
    I have run all my antivirus software (AdAware, AVG, CCleaner) but nothing fixes it.

Hope someone can offer some help.

MissPamela

Attached Files:

2. misspamela

I will try to post an image of the screen so you can get a visual of what I mean :)

Thanks in advance.

3. misspamela

Wow - I'm still waiting for some help ... still have the problem and it seems to be getting more frequent.
    Please help.

4. misspamela

Well, i fixed my own problem here - after not getting any replies, I made it a mission to google and search other forums.

SOLUTION : Uninstall Mozilla and Reinstall IE ;)

No more transparent screen or freeze ups.
    Note to those who stubble upon this thread - if you choose to Reinstall Internet Explorer, be sure to keep your settings (favorites etc) so you don't have to loose all your fav sites, saved logins etc.

Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/988941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice