1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen freezes every second for a split second

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jonnob4t, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonnob4t

Jonnob4t Thread Starter

Hi,
    Earlier today my computer had a rather nasty shut down with no battery and then this started. I have checked around and I have done everything I can think of to see what could be causing the screen freezes including: Checking Processes for something hogging CPU, checking event viewer system and application for excessive errors, running memory diagnostics and running in safe mode but I have had no luck. What could be slightly more alarming is that I am fairly sure that this freezing problem is actually occuring outside of Windows, in the BIOS I could still notice the freezing. So yeah... Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. pip22

pip22

I was going to suggest a hard drive test until I read your comments regarding freezing issues even when in the BIOS Setup -- a faulty hard drive wouldn't cause that, but a faulty motherboard would.

3. Jonnob4t

Jonnob4t Thread Starter

Yeah unfortunately that seems like the case which is weird because I had it replaced only about a year and a half ago. I was planning to upgrade anyway so I might as well do that now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026913

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice