1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen freezes when accessing parts of web sites

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JodiVB, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodiVB

JodiVB Thread Starter

First, I'm not tech savvy at all... so if you could talk in "idiot speak" I'd very much appreciate it! LOL...
    Ok, so for the past 2 weeks I've been trying to order holiday cards via Snapfish or Walmart online. I can get on to the web sites... even log onto my accounts... I choose the card style I want & the paper type. Then next step SHOULD be to take me to where I add my own photos etc (which are already uploaded to both accounts, so not an upload issue). Here is where my screen just freezes... I get their version of the hourglass (just a circle of dots mid screen) and thats it... nothing loads! Now I know I used them both just fine all last year. I have disabled pop-up blocker, I even tried to disable windows firewall (briefly) just to see if that was it, but neither made any difference... still can't get on these sites. I deleted then re-installed adobe flash player, but that did nothing either... HELP... now its a matter of how frustrated I am!! :eek:

Oh, and I downloaded that program you mention and this is what came back:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3963 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1854 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 303743 MB, Free - 44139 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC
    Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled

2. JodiVB

JodiVB Thread Starter

I've seen that lots of people have checked this post but I've not been able to get any answers... is there anything else I can send to help? I still can't access those parts of the web sites I mentioned above:confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!