Screen goes black after logging into windows

SmamJenkins

Everytime I log into windows my screen will go black but I still have a working cursor. I have been able to reboot the video drivers by pressing windows key+ctrl+shift+b then restarting by pressing ctrl+shift+del and clicking the restart button and it would work but now it just keeps going black and I can no longer get into my pc. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as I am getting very frustrated with this problem
Thanks.

Boot Windows. Don't wait for it to complete and hard power off using the power switch on the PC. Repeat 3 times and Windows will detect something is wrong and offer you the troubleshooter. Go into the choices and find Startup Repair.

SmamJenkins

Boot Windows. Don't wait for it to complete and hard power off using the power switch on the PC. Repeat 3 times and Windows will detect something is wrong and offer you the troubleshooter. Go into the choices and find Startup Repair.
I have already tried startup repair and it doesn't diagnose anything is wrong

Do the 3 reboots again, this time start the command prompt and type in "sfc /scannow" . See if that does anything.

Try this. Do the 3 reboots again. Then find the Safe Mode in troubleshooter. Sign in to an administrative account. Open a command prompt with right click run as admin, and do "sfc /scannow" .

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online