Screen goes black for 2+ seconds

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

newdev4ios

Computer Specs:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Education, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16319 Mb - G.Skill Ares
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, 4GB
Hard Drives: C(SSD): Total - 113970 MB, Free - 12559 MB; E(HDD): Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 733160 MB; F(HDD): Total - 911469 MB, Free - 910180 MB; G(HDD): Total - 996257 MB, Free - 994161 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z97-A-USB31
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Problem:

The computer will go black for 2 or more seconds before starting, resuming, and closing videos from anywhere on my computer, also it will do the same with apps entering or exiting fullscreen mode, and sometimes when opening/closing certain programs(doesn't occur as stably as others -*doesn't occur as much*)

Im going to check and see if it occurs in Linux or another OS, will update with info on that later.

Ive looked online for similar issues, but so far i haven't been able to fix it yet.

Thank You

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The processor and graphic card in your computer use a combined total of 254 watts of power.
What's the brand name and model number and wattage of the power supply in yours?

I had a problem with the display blacking out for 4 - 5 seconds and then resuming back to normal when I was using a GeForce GT 720 graphic card in Windows 7.
By sticking with an older driver (347.88) instead of using a newer driver, that completely eliminated the problem.
I haven't used that graphic card yet with Windows 10 with a newer driver, so I don't know if it would have the same issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------

newdev4ios

The processor and graphic card in your computer use a combined total of 254 watts of power.
What's the brand name and model number and wattage of the power supply in yours?

I had a problem with the display blacking out for 4 - 5 seconds and then resuming back to normal when I was using a GeForce GT 720 graphic card in Windows 7.
By sticking with an older driver (347.88) instead of using a newer driver, that completely eliminated the problem.
I haven't used that graphic card yet with Windows 10 with a newer driver, so I don't know if it would have the same issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a Lightning 1300W PSU, I bought it from Newegg.
Brand: Rosewell
Watts:1300
Model#:LIGHTNING-1300

what driver should i try going down to?

Update: this morning I woke up and resumed my pc from sleep and when i tried to turn it on it just stayed black until i turned on my secondary monitor and then the secondary turned on then after a few seconds my main one turned on, and ever since then i havent yet seen the issue occur on my PC.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've never set up and used 2 monitors with a desktop, so I can't address any issues with it.

Because it was released on or about March 2015, driver version 347.88 doesn't appear to be available for Windows 10 64-bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online