Screen going black

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bszerobeat

Hey guys. I'm having trouble with a friends laptop. She has a HP DV6426US which came pre-installed Vista. I recently downgraded it to XP SP2 and installed all the right drivers.

Now here's the tricky thing. When she uses the laptop, the screen works fine but sometimes the screen would just go black at random times. The power is still on, everything is responsive except for the screen. I uninstalled the video drivers and reinstalled again, but the issue would still occur.

Can anyone give me a solution?

Thanks.

bszerobeat

Well, she can be doing anything before the screen goes black. Do homework on Msword, listening to music, browsing the web. The screen just turns blank at random times.

I've already asked if the laptop had been dropped and her response was No.

bboy_cero

Banned
ok but does she leaves the laptop and then the screen goes black (if the screen goes black while she isn't doing anything then she needs to check something on what I will lead her or you, whatever).

bszerobeat

Well, I'm assuming it doesn't go black when she is not using it, since it never happened. The laptop can be used for 1, 2, 3 hours without it going black, and sometimes it can just be used for 20 minutes.

I was also thinking it is hardware related but....what I don't understand is it happens randomly; it doesn't matter if the HDD or CPU is under heavy load.

If it is BIOS related, is there a solution?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online