Screen Image Disappears at Startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

oldjunk

Mike
This is a 2013 Toshiba Lx835-D325 all-in-one with a 3rd generation Intel i7 CPU. Originally had a 2 TB HDD and takes a 180 watt AC adapter.

The screen shows a "no media found" message for 5 seconds when first engaged by attaching the AC adapter plug, then fades back to a black screen. The power button starts the machine but no display image is revealed unless detaching and then re-attaching the power plug. The power button lights and starts the computer but fails to engage a display image. Could it be the power switch? The small power switch board is shown in the last picture.

DSCN6186.JPG DSCN6180.JPG DSCN6192 (2).JPG DSCN6185 (2).JPG

Last edited:
When you first power up do you get an option to go into the startup menu or the bios?
Usually its F2 or F8 but can vary. If you can get in have a look at what the startup drive is pointing to

oldjunk

Mike
No. Powering up, as regards viewing a screen image, is nonexistent. A screen image is only seen when plugging in the power adapter. Then, the image only displays for about 5 seconds and goes back to black screen. The power switch starts the unit but doesn't reveal a screen image.
I've just bought another power switch on eBay. I'll get back with results in about a week.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online